The Antalis Creative Power Awards is here to celebrate and reward the world’s best print projects
We’ve joined forces with our long-term partner and leading paper manufacturer Antalis to bring you the Antalis Creative Power Awards. It is a celebration of printed projects in our increasingly digital world, and together, we hope to prove that the use of paper in design is more potent, powerful and prominent than ever. It’s free to enter into each of the eight award categories, and the rewards for winners are remarkable, to say the least. Whether you’re a design studio, freelancer, printer or brand, we invite you to join us from anywhere in the world to celebrate the ideas, expertise and creative excellence that paper makes possible.
To enter, your projects must have been created between Friday 1st January 2021 and Tuesday 31st May 2022 using papers and boards distributed by Antalis. The eligible brands are: Arches, Arjowiggins, Cordenons, Favini, Gmund, Holmen Iggesund, Metsä Board, Munken, Olin and Pergraphica. While submitting your project, you will be asked to include a title, description, technical production information and at least two images. If pre-selected as a potential finalist by Antalis, two printed samples of your project must be sent to the Antalis team by Tuesday 31st May 2022 in order to validate your submission.
All entries must fall into one of the following four application categories:
1. Brand Identity & Stationery – such as identity design, business cards, letterheads, envelopes, menus and notebooks.
2. Reports & Publishing – such as annual reports, CSR reports, artbooks, lookbooks, catalogues and corporate communication.
3. Packaging & Promotional – such as gift boxes, posters, folding boxes, shopping bags, packets and cakeboxes.
4. Mailers & Invitations – such as press releases, invitations, wedding announcements, postcards and flyers.
In addition to the application categories, your project can be entered into one of the following four special prizes:
5. Eco-Conception – for printed projects with a small environmental footprint.
6. Paper Stories – for printed projects that tell a story through their paper choice. Did the paper help the brand to feel premium, funny or elegant, for example?
7. Design for Good – for printed projects that use design to raise awareness of a specific cause or to support a charity or NGO.
8. Print Excellence – the jury will choose their favourite projects based on their visual execution and printing techniques. All projects are automatically entered into this category.
The jury consists of experienced individuals that work in a wide range of design, communication and production roles: Yann Cloutier from Atelier Bulk, Emilios Theofanous from Monotype, Amy Nelson Bennett from Positive Luxury, Martina Hahn Rodig from Hinderer + Mühlich, Laurent Nogues from Créanog, Golnar Roshan from Rive Roshan and Design & Practice, and last but not least, me (Elliott Moody) from The Brand Identity. Together, we will assess the projects received in each category based on their creativity, functionality, accuracy of execution and appropriate use of papers.
The jury will select six finalists for each category, who will each be rewarded with a one-year subscription to Monotype (valued at $550/month). The printer of each project will receive a €400.00 voucher from Hinderer + Mühlich, the leading worldwide manufacturer of stamping dies. Some of the finalists will also have the chance for their project to be extensively featured on our website and Instagram profile.
One of the six finalists from each category will be selected as the overall category winner.
The winner from each of the four application categories (Brand Identity & Stationery, Reports & Publishing, Packaging & Promotion, Mailers & Invitations) will be rewarded with a fine-dining dinner (valued at €1,500.00) in their region for up to five people that were involved in the winning project.
The winner from each of the four special prizes (Eco-Conception, Design for Good, Paper Stories, Print Excellence) will be rewarded with a two-day all-inclusive visit to one of Arjowiggins’ industry-leading paper mills (valued at €4,000.00).
In addition to the rewards, the jury’s 50 favourite projects will be published in a magazine designed by us at The Brand Identity. 15,000 copies will be printed and distributed globally.
You can submit your printed projects until Tuesday 31st May 2022.
The jury will meet in Paris in June to review the projects and select six finalists from each category. These finalists will be announced throughout the summer of 2022, and a curated selection will be featured on our website and Instagram profile.
Together with Antalis, we will announce the winners from each category in September 2022. Antalis will conduct a photoshoot of the finalist projects, which will be showcased in the printed magazine and across our digital platforms.